BANDAO recruits for OHB. OHB System AG is one of the Top 3 European space companies and a member of the listed technology group OHB SE. About 2,700 employees work on some of the most important aviation and space programs of our times in Germany and other EU-countries. These include low-orbiting and geostationary satellites for earth observation, navigation, telecommunications, science and space exploration. OHB System AG designs satellites and systems for human space flight, aerial reconnaissance and process control systems.
This postion is in Oberpfaffenhofen (Munich)
System Architect – Optical Instruments (m/f/d) – Interferometer, Spectrometer, Telescopes
In this position you shall become responsible for the architectures of optical systems for space applications.
– Elaboration, development and accommodation of technical baseline solutions on basis of customer requirements and budgets
– Technical coordination of a multidiscipline engineering team with the focus on an the following output:
– Instrument Architecture Definition and Justification
– Interface Concepts and Definition
– Development Logic Definition
– Coordination of related performance analysis
– Select and define the System design and to reflect it into the relevant technical design-, requirement- and performance documentation
– Ensure design integrity, perform requirements analysis and design integration as answer to customer specifications
– Ensure proper flow-down and allocation of lower level subs-system requirements and budgets and maintain them up to date during the program lifetime
– Lead the engineering team effort for design trade-offs between disciplines such as thermal, structural, mechanical, optical, electrical, etc.
– Close collaboration with technical management and other systems engineering disciplines (Performance Analysis, V&V Engineering, Subsystems Engineering, Spacecraft Systems Engineering)
– Support technical discussion with the customer
– University (TU) or polytechnic degree in Physics or Engineering, preferably with major focus on Optical Systems
– Experience as Systems Engineer or Design Responsible for scientific optical instruments or adequate technology and complexity (Interferometer, Spectrometer, Telescopes)
– Ideally, experience in the development logic of Space Instruments, Earth Observation and Astronomy from in Phases 0 to B2, as well as significant H/W experience in the Phases C and D.
– Experience in engineering economics
– Organised and structured task approach, experience in technical coordination of a multidisciplinary engineering team
– Team work, good conceptual, analytical and organizational skills
– Good communication and negotiation skills
– Fluency in spoken and written English, German skills requested over the medium-term
If you are interested and qualified, please send us your resume as a Doc, RTF or PDF-File in English. Motivation letter is not required but salary expectation and notice period.
|Job Category||Optik, Raumfahrt, Satellitenbau|