BANDAO is recruiting for Avid a talented Senior Software Engineer – Golang/SQL to join Avid’s Platform Services Engineering team in Munich or remote within Germany.
Avid makes technology and collaborative tools so creators can entertain, inform, educate, and enlighten the world. Avid’s customers are the visionaries behind the most inspiring feature films, television programs, news broadcasts, televised sporting events, music recording and live concerts.Thirty years ago, Avid got started by breaking new ground to reimagine content creation. AVID’s revolutionary nonlinear editor was the first to digitize video content. It redefined the media industry and is still the gold standard. Today, Avid is reimagining the entire media value chain with powerful platforms for creating, managing, storing, distributing and monetizing film, television and music. AVID’s open tools and platforms empower more than a million users and thousands of media enterprises to tell powerful stories and build better businesses. With enhanced collaboration, advanced automation, end-to-end integration and workflow orchestration, Avid today is uniquely helping aspiring artists, creative professionals, production teams and media enterprises to thrive in the digital era. The world’s most prominent media companies, teams and creative individuals across film, television and music rely on Avid to enlighten, entertain and engage audiences. Avid customers modernize their workflows, standardize their infrastructure, optimize their operations and maximize the value of their content.
You will be an integral part of the core UX teams to develop a new media management solution for Avid’s MediaCentral Platform – including integration with Avid MediaCentral | Cloud UX and with other Avid products. A successful candidate will be able to understand complex end-to-end workflows and interaction models between and within web-applications as well as optimized communication with backend services and message-oriented systems. You drive to build new functionality using an agile SCRUM process. The ideal candidate will act as a strong technical contributor. Given a high-level functional specification, the successful candidate must be able to create a detailed design specification and see the implementation process through with the involved teams. The successful candidate must be able to communicate well in a multi-site project, including coordinating of development and deliverables with other teams worldwide.
Responsibilities And Duties
• Developing the platform services and components for a new asset management product, including integration with Avid MediaCentral | Cloud UX and with special focus on the clients
• Requirements analysis and active communications with product owners and architects
• Break-down tasks and provide estimates, participate in the release planning
• Troubleshooting, diagnosing field issues, and fixing bugs
• Implement the best practices in the team, including code review, unit tests coverage, CI & CD
• The successful candidate must be able to communicate well in a multi-site project, including coordinating of development and deliverables with other teams in Kyiv, Germany, Poland and US
Qualifications & Skills
• 5+ years of software development experience
• Expert knowledge SQL databases, preferably Postgres / PLPGSQL
• Good programming skills with Golang, 4+ years of experience
• Experience developing web-applications
• Experience with SQL / PLPGSQL databases, preferably Postgres
• OO-design and -programming skills, and experience writing software using Test-Driven Development principles
• Experience with source control system (e.g. git)
• Good investigation and problem-solving skills
• Fluency in English
• track record to work independently, though collaboratively and a willingness to learn
• good time, task, and resource organization skills, ability to accurately forecast work effort, and be willing to meet tight deadlines
The following experience is considered a plus
• Programming skills with Java or C++
• Knowledge of database design and technologies
• Knowledge of Java build tooling (Maven, Gradle, Ant)
• Knowledge of modern CI/CD pipeline (Terraform, containerization)
• Understanding of service deployment models and virtualization/container technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
• Ability to analyze performance issues, design and implement solutions to improve the performance, scalability and stability of the product
• Experience developing using an agile/SCRUM process
Are you ready for the next step?! Then apply today and send us your application including your salary expectations and your notice period.