BANDAO recruits for AVID. Thirty years ago, Avid got started by breaking new ground to reimagine content creation. AVID’s revolutionary nonlinear editor was the first to digitize video content. It redefined the media industry and is still the gold standard. Today, Avid is reimagining the entire media value chain with powerful platforms for creating, managing, storing, distributing and monetizing film, television and music. AVID’s open tools and platforms empower more than a million users and thousands of media enterprises to tell powerful stories and build better businesses.
With enhanced collaboration, advanced automation, end-to-end integration and workflow orchestration, Avid today is uniquely helping aspiring artists, creative professionals, production teams and media enterprises to thrive in the digital era. The world’s most prominent media companies, teams and creative individuals across film, television and music rely on Avid to enlighten, entertain and engage audiences. Avid customers modernize their workflows, standardize their infrastructure, optimize their operations and maximize the value of their content.
BANDAO recruits for the AVID office in Munich:
Senior Principal Software Engineer / Lead Engineer Search Technologies – Platform – Media
Through Avid MediaCentral Platform, Avid delivers the industry’s most open, innovative and comprehensive media platform connecting content creation with collaboration, asset protection, distribution and consumption for the most listened to, most watched and most loved media in the world—from the most prestigious and award-winning feature films, music recordings, and television shows, to live concerts and news broadcasts. Industry leading solutions include Interplay®, Media Composer®, Pro Tools®, ISIS®, and Sibelius®. AVID’s digital audio and video solutions continue to revolutionize the art of creative storytelling, and have earned us hundreds of awards, including two Oscar® statuettes, a Grammy®, and 14 Emmys®. Avid is looking for an experienced technical engineer in Germany to join the search technologies group. You will be working in the core search team as part of Platform Engineering, responsible for the technical leadership, design and implementation of the search technology stack – that is radically evolving. Search not only covers metadata search from multiple backends but also the analysis of spoken word and making that available through search APIs and with a rich responsive web UI. The team covers the full search stack, from search services, the APIs, analytics up to the search user experience. This position involves the development of new code as well as utilizing legacy code and libraries in enterprise-level applications and requires contributions in all phases of development, including specification, design, implementation, and maintenance of web applications centering on search.
We are looking for an experienced technical lead engineer to join Avid’s Search Technologies Team. You will be technically responsible for AVID’s highly available, horizontally scalable, search platform using the latest software technologies and tools. Your solutions will be used by major film studios and television broadcasters across the world.
You will be part of a world-wide team of motivated engineers, software QA, and product managers in a highly efficient and productive Agile/Scrum team. The ideal candidate will have knowledge in designing highly available and scalable distributed systems and is comfortable working with a variety of programming languages.
– BSc or MSc in Computer Science or Software Engineering
– 5 – 8 years of experience in developing commercial software applications
– Proven technical leadership and communication skills
– Experience with HTTP, REST, and working with backend APIs
– Experience in designing and creating scalable and performant micro-service architectures
– Experience with UI/UX design and application architecture
– Experience with modern web and API frameworks
– Experience with containerization (Docker and ideally Kubernetes)
– Experience with software development lifecycle, development in an Agile/Scrum environment, continuous integration
– At least 4 years of web development experience using modern web technologies
– Motivated, self-starter, creative thinker who enjoys working collaboratively and participating in team discussions and planning
– Excellent time, task, and resource organization skills, ability to accurately forecast work effort, and be ready to meet aggressive deadlines
– Willingness to take initiative and always looking for the best solution
– High standards for code quality, maintainability, and performance
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Modern web technologies, Restful APIs and micro services architectures
– Knowledge of scripting languages is a plus: Perl, Bash, Node.JS
Fluency in English (both spoken and written) and the ability to communicate efficiently in English is a must.
Please send us your up to date CV in English or in German (no motivation letter needed), your salary expectation and your earliest possibly entry date by email.
|Job Category||Medien, Software|