BANDAO recruits for AVID. Thirty years ago, Avid got started by breaking new ground to reimagine content creation. AVID’s revolutionary nonlinear editor was the first to digitize video content. It redefined the media industry and is still the gold standard. Today, Avid is reimagining the entire media value chain with powerful platforms for creating, managing, storing, distributing and monetizing film, television and music. AVID’s open tools and platforms empower more than a million users and thousands of media enterprises to tell powerful stories and build better businesses.
With enhanced collaboration, advanced automation, end-to-end integration and workflow orchestration, Avid today is uniquely helping aspiring artists, creative professionals, production teams and media enterprises to thrive in the digital era. The world’s most prominent media companies, teams and creative individuals across film, television and music rely on Avid to enlighten, entertain and engage audiences. Avid customers modernize their workflows, standardize their infrastructure, optimize their operations and maximize the value of their content.
Avid has a reputation that’s strong on delivering innovation that provides advantages to every participant in media and entertainment. AVID’s work on behalf of their customers has earned AVID some thrilling recognition along the way, including two Oscars®, a Grammy® and 16 Emmys®. Overwhelmingly, the best and most celebrated media professionals and artists rely on Avid to create their award-winning films, videos, music recordings, TV shows, news broadcasts and live concerts. At the 2018 Academy Awards, every winner and nominee for film editing, sound editing, sound mixing, and original score was an Avid user. And for the 2017 Primetime Emmy Awards, every winner and nominee in the Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing for a Drama Series category and the Outstanding Sound Mixing for a Comedy or Drama Series category all used Avid.
BANDAO recruits for the AVID office in Munich:
Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer – Core Platform – Video Content Creation
You will work at the heart of Avid’s Media Central Platform in a highly efficient and creative agile scrum environment, developing the core platform backend infrastructure and APIs that power the Avid product portfolio in the cloud, on-prem and in hybrid environments. You will be part of a platform engineering team that focusses on the core metadata and media APIs of the Avid’s Media Central Platform.
A successful candidate will be able to understand complex end-to-end workflows and interaction models between and within web-applications as well as optimized communication with backend services and message-oriented systems. Given a high-level functional specification, the successful candidate must be able to design and create meaningful acceptance tests and communicate with the team and the responsible Product Owner.
The successful candidate must be able to communicate well in a multi-site project, including coordination of development and deliverables with other teams worldwide.
– Join a well-working agile engineering team that focusses on APIs and the overall capabilities of Avid’s MediaCentral platform
– Ability to understand and systematically analyze complex E2E workflows in a multi-site platform environment
– Design, develop and execute manual and automated tests to ensure consistent software quality
– Create QA stories, administrate and track quality management tasks in Jira.
– Maintain test environments
– Technically analyze and communicate test results, point out areas of interest and propose solutions using best practices for platform development.
– Contribute to coding, quality and security standards and ensure they are being followed
Required background and experience
– BSc or MSc in Computer Science or Software Engineering or comparable education
– Programming experience of at least 3 years, preferably in Java or C#
– Experience using HTTP- and REST-based APIs
– Experience with continuous integration workflows and using source control system (e.g. Git)
– Experience with test-driven development principles
– proven track record to work independently, though collaboratively and a willingness to learn
– Excellent time, task, and resource organization skills, ability to accurately forecast work effort, and be willing to meet tight deadlines
– Experience with cloud-type infrastructure environments and virtualization technologies (e.g. VMWare, Hyper-V, Azure Cloud) is considered an advantage
– Experience with SOA architectures and distributed systems is a plus
– Understanding of service deployment models and hands-on experience with virtualization/container technologies, including Docker and Kubernetes is a plus
Fluency in English (both spoken and written) and the ability to communicate efficiently in English is a must.
Please send us your up to date CV in English or in German (no motivation letter needed), your salary expectation and your earliest possibly entry date by email.
|Job Category||Medien, Software|