BANDAO recruits for Dornier Seawings, manufacturer of the world’s most advanced amphibious aircraft. Speed, comfort, safety and reliability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The amphibious Seastar airplane is the fastest boat in the marina and meets highest economical standards of the 21st century. Dornier Seawings is a thriving Start-up creating a revolution in amphibious, all composite airframe flying boat with secured funding of over US$ 300 million.
Join the highly energetic and ambitious team in Oberpfaffenhofen near Munich as a:
Head of Production (m/f/d) – Amphibious Aircraft
The Production Manager is responsible for the strategic planning and execution of providing a quality product to the most economical costs and delivery dates complying with previously stated deadlines. He is also in charge of setting up and overseeing the Production Line for the Dornier Seastar CD2 aircraft in Oberpfaffenhofen, Germany and Wuxi, People´s RC.
Your day to day:
– Responsible for a smooth and effective management/leadership of the Seastar Production Line including related work (support) shops such as Electric/avionic, Mechanical shops (engine, propeller, landing gear etc.)
– Responsible for workplace Health & Safety and prevention of damages to Company property by implementing high level of awareness and strict adherence to given procedures, processes and instructions.
– Responsible for the initiation of suitable design and production of Jigs, GSE, Test Equipment and Special Tooling needed in the Production Line both in close cooperation with other departments including Manufacturing and Facility Infrastructure like Electric, Hydraulic and Pneumatic
– Responsible to ensure that all necessary resources (hard– and software) are available aimed to accomplish aircraft production instrict conformity with regulations and processes set forth by regulatory authorities, e.g. EASA, CAAC or any other authorities to obtain EASA Production Organization Approval (POA) and CAAC Production Certificate (PC).
– Responsible to operate within given budgets for production and set and meet individual objectives in cooperation with Management and other departments.
– Responsible to ensure competitiveness through continuous improvement, lean philosophy and cost reductions.
– Responsible for employees‘ satisfaction by creating a motivating work environment, including but not limited to training opportunities, job enlargement and job enrichment.
– Responsible for setting up and managing a training budget.
– Proactive reporting to the superior and providing an active contribution to the overall success of the company
– Responsible for proper handling of parts and components so far used during production process.
– To execute special tasks per instruction of Chief Technical Officer or Chief Executive Officer
– Ensuring a proper job training and active involvement of production staff from Dornier Seawings China in the daily manufacturing processes, to secure that future manufacturing and assembly is done according to highest quality standards
– Engineering education, preferably in aerospace, or comparable education
– 10+ years of work experience, specifically in managing a production facility at an OEM Aerospace, Aviation, Automotive, Industrial Manufacturing
– Experience in manufacturing engineering and production planning, especially with all-composite aircrafts, preferably in hand-laminate manufacturing processes.
– Confident with modern IT infrastructure, experience in defining IT software and hardware requirements necessary for establishing a composite production facility.
– Experience working abroad and managing teams of all backgrounds, beneficial to have experience with Chinese employees and production workers
– Understanding of a manufacturing production atmosphere
– Excellent command of German and English (spoken and written)
We offer you:
– Collaboration in a fast-growing, international aviation company
– A varied and dynamic work environment with plenty of room for your own ideas
– Good public transport connections (S-Bahn S8 Neugilching / Weßling + bus), Motorway A96
full-time / 2 years contract subject to renewal upon good performance.
If you are interested and qualified, please send us your resume as a Doc, RTF or PDF-File in English or German.
|Ort||Oberpfaffenhofen near Munich|