BANDAO recruits for AVID. Thirty years ago, Avid got started by breaking new ground to reimagine content creation. AVID’s revolutionary nonlinear editor was the first to digitize video content. It redefined the media industry and is still the gold standard. Today, Avid is reimagining the entire media value chain with powerful platforms for creating, managing, storing, distributing and monetizing film, television and music. AVID’s open tools and platforms empower more than a million users and thousands of media enterprises to tell powerful stories and build better businesses.
With enhanced collaboration, advanced automation, end-to-end integration and workflow orchestration, Avid today is uniquely helping aspiring artists, creative professionals, production teams and media enterprises to thrive in the digital era. The world’s most prominent media companies, teams and creative individuals across film, television and music rely on Avid to enlighten, entertain and engage audiences. Avid customers modernize their workflows, standardize their infrastructure, optimize their operations and maximize the value of their content.
Avid has a reputation that’s strong on delivering innovation that provides advantages to every participant in media and entertainment. AVID’s work on behalf of their customers has earned AVID some thrilling recognition along the way, including two Oscars®, a Grammy® and 16 Emmys®. Overwhelmingly, the best and most celebrated media professionals and artists rely on Avid to create their award-winning films, videos, music recordings, TV shows, news broadcasts and live concerts. At the 2018 Academy Awards, every winner and nominee for film editing, sound editing, sound mixing, and original score was an Avid user. And for the 2017 Primetime Emmy Awards, every winner and nominee in the Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing for a Drama Series category and the Outstanding Sound Mixing for a Comedy or Drama Series category all used Avid.
BANDAO recruits for the AVID office in Munich:
Engineering Manager – Teamlead – Platform UX and Apps – Media
We are looking for a talented software development manager to join Avid’s UX and App Services Engineering team. You will be managing the core UX teams (6+8) to develop responsive and rich web applications for Avid’s MediaCentral Platform.
A successful candidate will be able to understand complex end-to-end workflows and interaction models between and within web-applications as well as optimized communication with backend services and message-oriented systems. You drive to build new functionality using an agile SCRUM process. The ideal candidate will act both as an engineering manager as well as a strong technical leader. Given a high-level functional specification, the successful candidate must be able to create a detailed design specification and guide the involved teams through the implementation process.
You will be communicating in a world-wide multi-site environment and coordinate the development of your group and the deliverables with other teams worldwide.
Required background and experience
– BSc or MSc in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Electrical Engineering
– Experience in managing engineering teams, both as a technical and administrative leader.
– Experience in design and implementation of rich web-applications.
– Experience designing and building responsive and reactive web-applications on top of a complex platform with highly scalable databases and huge data sets.
– Experience using modern web technologies and toolkits, e.g. HTML5, React, Redux, Web Workers, …
– Excellent knowledge and skills in implementing E2E user workflows and common usability patterns
– Experience with test driven development principles is a plus
– Excellent knowledge and experience using Linux based operating systems
– Solid knowledge of database design and technologies; experience with MongoDB and Redis is a plus
– Solid understanding of service deployment models and hands-on experience with virtualization/container technologies, including Docker and Kubernetes
– Experience with cloud-type infrastructure environments is an advantage
– Experience developing using an agile/SCRUM process
– Experience with a continuous integration workflow and using source control system (e.g. git)
– Experience with working in a distributed team and across several time zones is an advantage
– A proven track record to work independently, though collaboratively and a willingness to learn
– Excellent time, task, and resource organization skills, ability to accurately forecast work effort, and be willing to meet aggressive deadlines
Fluency in English (both spoken and written) and the ability to communicate efficiently in English is a must
Please send us your up to date CV in English or in German (no motivation letter needed), your salary expectation and your earliest possibly entry date by email.
|Job Category||Medien, Software|