BANDAO is recruiting for Avid a talented Senior Engineer Cloud – focus on AWS to join Avid’s Platform Services Engineering team in Munich or remote within Germany.
Avid makes technology and collaborative tools so creators can entertain, inform, educate, and enlighten the world. Avid’s customers are the visionaries behind the most inspiring feature films, television programs, news broadcasts, televised sporting events, music recording and live concerts.Thirty years ago, Avid got started by breaking new ground to reimagine content creation. AVID’s revolutionary nonlinear editor was the first to digitize video content. It redefined the media industry and is still the gold standard. Today, Avid is reimagining the entire media value chain with powerful platforms for creating, managing, storing, distributing and monetizing film, television and music. AVID’s open tools and platforms empower more than a million users and thousands of media enterprises to tell powerful stories and build better businesses. With enhanced collaboration, advanced automation, end-to-end integration and workflow orchestration, Avid today is uniquely helping aspiring artists, creative professionals, production teams and media enterprises to thrive in the digital era. The world’s most prominent media companies, teams and creative individuals across film, television and music rely on Avid to enlighten, entertain and engage audiences. Avid customers modernize their workflows, standardize their infrastructure, optimize their operations and maximize the value of their content.
Avid is looking for an experienced cloud engineer to work with the engineering team to develop, implement, deploy, test, optimize, and maintain cloud-based solutions. You will be an integral part of our core UX teams to develop a new media management solution for Avid’s MediaCentral Platform – including integration with Avid MediaCentral | Cloud UX and with other Avid Products. You will identify the most optimal cloud-based solutions for products and maintain cloud infrastructures in accordance with best practices and company security policy. As a senior cloud engineer you have good troubleshooting skills, stay current with industry trends, and are a team player.
– 3+ years of relevant experience with cloud technology
– Deployment of SaaS in AWS
– Experience with GoLang
– Experience with SQL databases, preferably PostgrSQL
– Knowledge of database design and technologies
– Continuous integration and deployment, Gitlab pipelines
– Identify, analyze and resolve infrastructure vulnerabilities and application deployment issues
– Knowledge about Microservice architectures and concepts (e.g. Services mesh, Chaos testing)
– Good analytical and communication skills
– Fluency in English (both spoken and written), ability to communicate efficiently in English in spoken and written form.
Will be a plus:
– AWS certification
– Experience with SaaS in Azure or GCP
– Experience using DevOps tools in a cloud environment (e.g.: Docker, Helm Charts, Terraform, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Sonar Qube)
– Experience with Java
– Agile development methodology
– Experience in working with international teams
– Build and maintain systems on Kubernetes
– Experience with Security and Secrets Management (e.g.: Hashicorp Vault)
– Experience with Cloud AI services
– Experience with monitoring solutions (e.g.: Prometheus)
– Experience with MongoDB, Kafka, Elasticsearch, Redis
Are you ready for the next step?! Then apply today and send us your application including your salary expectations and your notice period.